1950 Ford F1
First introduced in 1948, the Ford Bonus-Built trucks and were produced in several variants until 1952. These models included pickup trucks (F-1, F-2, F-3), panel trucks, cab-over-engine (COE) chassis, a school bus chassis, as well as medium/heavy-duty trucks. The more common F-1 pickups, such as this one, were in the 1/2 ton class and featured 6 1/2-foot beds, a front grille composed of horizontal bars and headlights mounted in the fenders (this design would be changed significantly after the 1950 model year). A one-piece windshield was implemented, as well as a wider cab compared to Ford’s pre-war models. The appearance of the 1950 Ford F-Series trucks deviated little from the previous year, with the most significant change being the relocation of the 3-speed manual transmission from the floor to a column-mounted position mid year. A few engine options were available in 1950 and they included a 225 CID Flathead 6, 239 CID Flathead V8 and 254 CID Flathead 6 (F-6 variant only). This truck is equipped with the flagship 239 CID Flathead V8 and non-synchronized 3-speed manual transmission located on the floor of the cab. Other features include driver and passenger side tail lights, drum brakes, dual horns, push button AM radio, “Magic Air” heater/defroster, seatbelts, steel bed floor, and sun visors. The 5 digit odometer reads: “75715”. Ford’s F-Series trucks have gone through numerous generational changes since their introduction and continue to be make history today.
At Baltria Vintage Auto Gallery we buy, sell, and consign all types of vehicles! We also finance at competitive rates! Come visit us at 4200 E Main St, Saint Charles, Illinois 60174.
Baltria also handles shipping, mechanical service, paint/body work, detailing, vehicle inspections, and much more!
Don't forget to like & follow us on Facebook!